Swing Shift Lead (Fabricator)
Architectural Elements is a team of artisans that design, fabricate, and install specialized architectural & landscape related projects. Working with all metals, wood, glass, & plastics, we can custom-fabricate any manner of decorative elements and architectural details– from intricate light fixtures to multi-story staircases.
We are now hiring a full-time, master/journeyman-level, Metal Fabricator for
Swing Shift Lead
We need a craftsperson that is capable & confident with all metal fabrication processes. You will work with many different materials including all metals, wood, glass, & plastics. You will build feature staircases, art installations, outdoor furnishings, kinetic pieces & gizmos, signage, steel windows & doors, and much more to be installed in Seattle’s premier businesses such as Microsoft, Facebook/Oculus VR, Amazon, Vulcan, and Google. We are looking for more than a bench-welder. In fact, welding is only 10% of the work performed by our Fabricators.
We offer a competitive (DOE), hourly wage with 6 paid holidays & paid time off.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance is also available.
Typical Swing Shift hours are Monday through Thursday, 3:00pm to 1:00am.
The Swing Shift Lead is responsible for assisting the Shop Foreman in managing project work orders, the work they represent, and the swing shift production staff. In addition, the Swing Shift Lead is responsible for clear and understandable “pass down” notes, shop tidiness, and all safety protocols including enforcement and procedures. This is an enhanced fabrication position that balances fabrication duties along with the management of others.
This is not an entry-level position. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 4 years experience in metal fabrication. The interview process will include a fabrication test.
Key Position Roles:
- Fabrication of AE products from raw material to finished product
- Read, interpret, & fabricate from prescribed, professional shop drawings
- Assist others in interpreting shop drawings
- Knowledge of a variety of fabrication techniques with an ability to recognize and correct problematic methods
- Identify and address critical path projects to ensure scheduled completion
- Courteous collaboration with peers, subordinates & other departments to maximize productivity & efficiency
- Use of common sense & basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, fraction/decimal conversion)
- Follow and enforce all company rules, policies, safety regulations, OSHA, & quality standards
- Unwavering and practiced understanding of safety protocol and procedure
- Provide a great level of attention to detail & focus on the given task
- Keep work area clean & organized
- Direct others as required
- Communicate effectively with Shop Foreman
- Ensure proper nightly shutdown procedures
- High school diploma or GED
- Journeyman Welding Certification or equivalent combination of education & work experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in metal fabrication
- Ability to lift 75lbs and push/pull 150lbs
- Knowledge of manufacturing, fabrication, & general shop processes
- Excellent time management, organization, & independent judgement skills
- Ability to read, understand, & fabricate from shop plans/drawings
- Ability to prioritize & multitask in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Strong command of both verbal & written English
- Outgoing, personable, team-player
* Our Fabricators are expected to provide their own journeyman-level welding tools. All major machines & equipment will be provided by Architectural Elements.
Think you'd be a great fit?
Shoot us your resume, including work history & qualifications, your mobile number & email address, and tell us what you do best.