Architectural Elements is a team of artisans that design, fabricate, and install specialized architectural & landscape related projects. Working with all metals, wood, glass, & plastics, we can custom-fabricate any manner of decorative elements and architectural details– from intricate light fixtures to multi-story staircases.
We are now hiring a full-time, Commercial Metal Construction
We offer a highly competitive wage (DOE) with 6 paid holidays & paid time off. Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance is also available, along with a company 401(k) plan.
Project Engineers assist in the overall success of all contracted work within the Architectural Elements organization. Project Engineers operate within external and internal parameters to ensure budget, time, and quality standards are met.
This is not an entry-level position. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience in project management or estimating.
Key Position Roles:
- Effectively communicate, collaborate, maintain, & build relationships with your peers, other AE departments, our customers, sub-contractors, and category experts
- Read, understand, & interpret construction/architectural/engineering plans
- Understand individual project obligations
- Assist in building and maintaining assigned project schedules
- Travel as required by project demands
- Assist in managing contracts, project work-orders, & project change-orders
- Adhere to all AE, client, & state-required processes/policies
- Exhibit excellent document control & organization, digitally & physically
- Be outgoing, personable, & a team-player
- Build customer & client relationships with excellent communication & customer service
- Knowledge of fabrication & fabrication processes is a must
- Knowledge of commercial building processes & construction is a must
- Knowledge of architecture, design, & building code is a major plus
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education & work experience
- 2+ years of related professional experience in construction project management or estimating
- Strong understanding of budgets & scheduling
- Excellent time management, organization, & independent judgement skills
- Strong analytical & math skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand, & interpret construction documents & plans/drawings
- Ability to prioritize & multitask
- Proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems & Microsoft Office Applications
- Must have a valid WA Driver’s License and a clean driving record without travel restrictions
- This is a customer-facing role; a strong command of both verbal & written English is required
- Ability to work in our offices in Bellingham, Washington; there is no option to telecommute at this time
Think you'd be a great fit?
Shoot us your resume (including your mobile number and email) and tell us what you do best.