Architectural Elements is a team of artisans that design, fabricate, and install specialized architectural & landscape related projects. Working with all metals, wood, glass, & plastics, we can custom-fabricate any manner of decorative elements and architectural details– from intricate light fixtures to multi-story staircases.
We are now hiring a full-time, Architectural Metals
We offer a highly competitive wage (DOE) with 6 paid holidays & paid time off. Medical, dental, and vision insurance is also available.
Leveraging their knowledge of all fabrication processes & CNC machining, Fabricators work with many different materials to accurately produce & install quality products in strict conformity to prescribed drawings/plans, production schedules, & safety regulations. Installers spend most of their time in the field installing our creations in a customer-facing role.
This is not an entry-level position. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 4 years experience in metal fabrication. The interview process will include a fabrication test.
Key Position Roles:
- Build customer & client relationships with excellent communication & customer service
- Travel to job sites & install our products in accordance to all specifications, regulations, & schedules
- On job-site management of immediate install crew members
- Read, interpret, & fabricate from prescribed professional shop drawings
- Confidence with a variety of metal welding & grinding/sanding techniques working to a very high degree of accuracy & finish
- Confidence with common metal shop tools & equipment (torches, grinders, drills, taps, saws, fixtures, measuring, TIG/MIG welding, etc.)
- Collaboration with peers & other departments to maximize productivity & efficiency
- Use of common sense & basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, fraction/decimal conversion)
- Follow all company rules, policies, safety regulations, OSHA, & quality standards
- Lift raw materials & final products manually or by using a hoist/rigging
- Provide a great level of attention to detail & focus on the given task
- Keep work area clean & organized
- Journeyman Welding Certification or equivalent combination of education & work experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in metal fabrication
- Capable & confident with all metal fabrication processes (e.g. welding, cutting, forming, machining, assembling, and finishes)
- Ability to read, understand, & fabricate from shop plans/drawings
- Knowledge of manufacturing & general shop processes
- Excellent time management, organization, & independent judgement skills
- Valid Driver’s License and no travel restrictions
- Ability to travel 60% of the time (from Bellingham to Seattle-area)
- Ability to lift 45lbs and push/pull 150lbs and stand for the majority of your shift
- Must be able to effectively read and speak the English language
* Our Fabricators are expected to provide their own journeyman-level welding tools. All major machines & equipment will be provided by Architectural Elements.
Think you'd be a great fit?
Shoot us your resume (including your mobile number and email) and tell us what you do best.