Architectural Elements is a team of artisans that design, fabricate, and install specialized architectural & landscape related projects. Working with all metals, wood, glass, & plastics, we can custom-fabricate any manner of decorative elements and architectural details– from intricate light fixtures to multi-story staircases.
We are now hiring a full-time, Solidworks
We offer a highly competitive wage (DOE) with 6 paid holidays & paid time off. Medical, dental, and vision insurance is also available.
Designers/Drafters are responsible for the design of the products that Architectural Elements produces as well as preparing accurate & to-scale layouts, paper/shop/assembly drawings, schematics, details, and designs according to applicable client specifications utilizing primarily SolidWorks drafting software.
This is not an entry-level position. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience in drafting/design for metal fabrication. We’re looking for an experienced, turn-key Designer that can jump directly into our project flow.
Key Position Roles:
- Utilize SolidWorks software daily, AutoCAD occasionally, & Inventor very rarely to draft projects
- Research and design new products related to architecture, art, and landscaping
- Create detailed & accurate drawings & models that can withstand future modification, all the way down to individual parts for production
- Evaluate the function, safety, & appearance of products to ensure they have a practical design that can be produced profitably
- Collaborate with project management, fabrication, & install teams to review engineering & production drawings prior to submittal to verify adherence to standard practices, ensure quality control, & production/install feasibility
- Collaborate & take direction from engineers & executives to research drawings, catalogs, & sketches to develop detailed, dimensioned drawings
- Identify & clarify any inconsistencies in specifications
- Update & submit designs multiple times to meet all necessary requirements
- Be precise, organized, creative, mostly autonomous, and able to meet deadlines
- Exhibit excellent document control & organization, digitally & physically
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education & work experience
- 2+ years of related professional experience in drafting/design for metal fabrication
- Fluid in SolidWorks CADD software; Familiarity with Bluebeam & AutoCAD software
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes/drawing & welding symbols is a must
- Excellent time management, organization, & independent judgement skills
- Strong analytical & math skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand, & interpret construction documents & plans/drawings
- Ability to prioritize & multitask
- Outgoing, personable, team-player
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal & written English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems & MS Office applications
- Ability to work in our offices in Bellingham, Washington; there is no option to telecommute at this time
Think you'd be a great fit?
Shoot us your resume (including your mobile number and email), your project portfolio, and tell us what you do best.