Architectural Elements is a team of artisans that design, fabricate, and install specialized architectural & landscape related projects. Working with all metals, wood, glass, & plastics, we can custom-fabricate any manner of decorative elements and architectural details– from intricate light fixtures to multi-story staircases.
We are now hiring a full-time, Solidworks
We offer a highly competitive wage (DOE) with 6 paid holidays & paid time off. Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance is also available, along with a company 401(k) plan.
Drafter/Designers are responsible for preparing accurate & to-scale layouts, paper/shop/assembly drawings, schematics, details, and designs according to applicable client specifications utilizing primarily SolidWorks drafting software.
This is not an entry-level position. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 2 years experience in drafting/design for architectural metal fabrication or structural metals within Solidworks. The interview process will include a test for proficiency in Solidworks drafting.
Key Position Roles:
- Utilize SolidWorks software daily, AutoCAD occasionally, & Inventor very rarely to draft projects
- Create detailed & accurate drawings & models that can withstand future modification, all the way down to individual parts for production
- Research & obtain standards & codes required by clients to develop plans
- Collaborate with project management, fabrication, & install teams to review engineering & production drawings prior to submittal to verify adherence to standard practices, ensure quality control, & production/install feasibility
- Collaborate & take direction from engineers & executives to research drawings, catalogs, & sketches to develop detailed, dimensioned drawings
- Identify & clarify any inconsistencies in specifications
- Update & submit designs multiple times to meet all necessary requirements
- Be precise, organized, creative, mostly autonomous, and able to meet deadlines
- Exhibit excellent document control & organization, digitally & physically
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education & work experience
- 2+ years of related professional experience in drafting/design for metal fabrication
- Fluid in Solidworks CADD software; Familiarity with Bluebeam & AutoCAD software
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes/drawing & welding symbols
- Excellent time management, organization, & independent judgement skills
- Strong analytical & math skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand, & interpret construction documents & plans/drawings
- Ability to prioritize & multitask
- Outgoing, personable, team-player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems & Microsoft Office applications
- Strong command of both verbal & written English
- Ability to work in our offices in Bellingham, Washington; there is no option to telecommute at this time.
Think you'd be a great fit?
Shoot us your resume (including your mobile number and email), your project portfolio, and tell us what you do best.