Architectural Elements is a team of artisans that design, fabricate, and install specialized architectural & landscape related projects. Working with all metals, wood, glass, & plastics, we can custom-fabricate any manner of decorative elements and architectural details– from intricate light fixtures to multi-story staircases.
We are now hiring a full-time
We offer a highly competitive wage (DOE) with 6 paid holidays & paid time off. Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance is also available, along with a company 401(k) plan.
Surveyors take exact measurements and analyze job site conditions. Surveyors work closely with AE’s drafting, PM, and production/installation teams, providing data and guidance in planning the fabrication and installation of AE’s products.
Key Position Roles:
- Travel between the AE facility & job sites for surveys & installs
- Take & record extremely accurate site measurements and conditions
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, and reports of surveys to describe and verify site data
- Discover and record important features, boundaries, obstructions, and any potential issues that could affect fabrication and installation
- Devise and produce detailed installation and lifting plans based on survey data
- Build customer & client relationships with excellent communication & customer service
- Be a point of reference for compiling lists of install/field equipment kits required to complete jobs
- Provide data and guidance to the drafting, project management, and production departments on project construction and installation feasibility
- Provide support by lining out projects to ensure crews understand their work assignments and troubleshoot as necessary
- Adhere to all safety regulations required by state law, AE policy, and the policies of our customers
- Use arithmetic & geometry to calculate & understand area, width, height, & length measurements
- Maintain flexibility and positive, goal-oriented attitude
- Pay strict attention to detail
- High School Diploma with secondary math education
- Previous experience in a role that required strong math skills
- Journeyman-level welding & 3+ years metal fabrication experience
- Valid, clean WA Driver’s License with no travel restrictions
- Excellent time management, organization, & independent judgement skills
- Ability to read, understand, & interpret construction documents & plans/drawings
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skilled in the use of hand/power tools & welding equipment
- Ability to prioritize & multitask in a primarily autonomous environment
- Acute attention to detail & strong mathematics skills
- Familiarity with computers & Office applications
- Strong command of both verbal & written English
- Ability to lift 45lbs and push/pull 150lbs and stand for the majority of your shift
- Ability to travel 60% of the time
* Surveyors are expected to provide their own basic hand tools. All major machines, equipment, transportation, and technology will be provided by Architectural Elements.
Think you'd be a great fit?
Shoot us your resume (including your mobile number and email) and tell us what you do best.