Architectural Elements is a team of artisans that design, fabricate, and install specialized architectural & landscape related projects. Working with all metals, wood, glass, & plastics, we can custom-fabricate any manner of decorative elements and architectural details– from intricate light fixtures to multi-story staircases.
We are now hiring a full-time, master/journeyman-level, Metal Fabricator for
We offer a highly competitive wage (DOE) with 6 paid holidays & paid time off. Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance is also available, along with a company 401(k) plan.
AE recently expanded into a second location, which we call “A2.” In this facility, we predominantly fabricate railings. We are looking for a Shop Lead for A2.
Leveraging their knowledge of all fabrication processes & CNC machining, the Shop Leads work with many different materials to accurately produce & install quality products in strict conformity to prescribed drawings/plans, production schedules, & safety regulations. Shop Leads are also responsible for coordinating our safety & environmental efforts and leading the fabrication team in daily tasks.
This is not an entry-level position. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 4 years experience in metal fabrication and a minimum of 2 years experience in a leadership role. The interview process will include a fabrication test.
Key Position Roles:
- Fabrication of products from raw material to finished product
- Assist the Shop Foreman on leading, coaching, & training the fabrication team
- Coordinate & conduct weekly company safety meetings; organizing & keeping meeting minutes
- Research & educate the shop on current OSHA and other regulatory safety & environmental standards
- Read, interpret, & fabricate from prescribed, professional shop drawings
- Knowledge of a variety of fabrication techniques with an ability to recognize and correct problematic methods
- Identify and address critical path projects to ensure scheduled completion
- Courteous collaboration with peers, subordinates & other departments to maximize productivity & efficiency
- Communicate effectively with AE Shop Foreman
- Use of common sense & basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, fraction/decimal conversion)
- Lead the shop & uphold company rules, policies, safety regulations, OSHA, & quality standards
- Unwavering and practiced understanding of safety protocol and procedure
- Provide a great level of attention to detail & focus on the given task
- Keep work areas clean & organized
- Ensure proper shop opening & shutdown procedures
- High school diploma or GED
- Journeyman Welding Certification or equivalent combination of education & work experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in metal fabrication
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role
- Experience fabricating guard & handrails a plus
- Capable & confident with all metal fabrication processes (e.g. welding, cutting, forming, machining, assembling, and finishes)
- Ability to read, understand, & fabricate from shop plans/drawings
- Knowledge of manufacturing & general shop processes
- Ability to prioritize & multitask in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Excellent time management, organization, & independent judgement skills
- Outgoing, personable, team-player
- Ability to lift 45lbs and push/pull 150lbs and stand for the majority of your shift
- Strong command of both verbal & written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software & Bluebeam
* Our Fabricators are expected to provide their own welding tools. All major machines & equipment will be provided by Architectural Elements.
Think you'd be a great fit?
Shoot us your resume (including your mobile number and email) and tell us what you do best.