Architectural Elements is a team of artisans that design, fabricate, and install specialized architectural & landscape related projects. Working with all metals, wood, glass, & plastics, we can custom-fabricate any manner of decorative elements and architectural details– from intricate light fixtures to multi-story staircases.
We are now hiring a full-time
We offer a competitive wage of $20-$35 per hour (DOE) with 6 paid holidays & paid time off. Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance is also available, along with a company 401(k) plan.
Leveraging their knowledge of fabrication processes & CNC machining, Fabricators work with many different materials to accurately produce quality products in strict conformity to prescribed drawings/plans, production schedules, & safety regulations in addition to other necessary production process/warehouse duties.
Key Position Roles:
- Fabrication of AE products from raw material to finished product
- Read, interpret, & fabricate from prescribed professional shop drawings
- Confidence with a variety of metal welding & grinding/sanding techniques working to a very high degree of accuracy & finish
- Confidence with common metal shop tools & equipment (torches, grinders, drills, taps, saws, fixtures, measuring, TIG/MIG welding, etc.)
- Collaboration with peers & other departments to maximize productivity & efficiency
- Use of common sense & basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, fraction/decimal conversion)
- Follow all company rules, policies, safety regulations, OSHA, & quality standards
- Lift raw materials & final products manually or by using a hoist/rigging
- Provide a great level of attention to detail & focus on the given task
- Keep work area clean & organized
- High school diploma or GED
- Apprentice Welding Certification or equivalent combination of education & work experience
- 1+ years of professional experience in metal fabrication
- Ability to lift 45lbs. and push/pull 150lbs.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, fabrication, & general shop processes
- Excellent time management, organization, & independent judgement skills
- Ability to read, understand, & fabricate from shop plans/drawings
- Ability to prioritize & multitask in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Outgoing, personable, team-player
- Strong command of both verbal & written English
- Ability to work in our offices in Bellingham, Washington; there is no option to telecommute at this time.
Fabricators are expected to provide their own welding tools. All major machines & equipment will be provided by Architectural Elements.
Think you'd be a great fit?
Shoot us your resume (including your mobile number and email) and tell us what you do best.