Architectural Elements is a team of artisans that design, fabricate, and install specialized architectural & landscape related projects. Working with all metals, wood, glass, & plastics, we can custom-fabricate any manner of decorative elements and architectural details– from intricate light fixtures to multi-story staircases.
We are now hiring a full-time, commercial construction
We offer a highly competitive wage (DOE) with 6 paid holidays & paid time off. Medical, dental, and vision insurance is also available.
Estimators are responsible for assessing & detailing all costs (materials, labor, etc.) for potential projects in collaboration with our other departments & customers, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments, & goals of the organization.
This is not an entry-level position. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience in steel detailing or estimating.
Key Position Roles:
- Build customer & client relationships with excellent communication & customer service
- An outspoken advocate for our clients, adding value to every project
- Maintain a mechanical aptitude with strong analytical process skills
- Writing comprehensive descriptions of detailed, technical specifications
- Read & interpret bid instructions, plans/drawings, specifications & other related documentation
- Use basic arithmetic & trigonometric functions to assess costs
- Exhibit professional demeanor while facing fast-paced & often urgent project needs
- Deliver thorough & timely project cost estimate packages
- Prepare material & project take-off documents
- Exhibit excellent document control & organization, digitally & physically
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education & work experience
- 2+ years of related professional experience in steel detailing or estimating
- Knowledge of commercial building processes & construction is a must
- Knowledge of architecture, design, & building code is a major plus
- Strong understanding of budgets & scheduling
- Excellent time management, organization, & independent judgement skills
- Strong analytical & math skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand, & interpret construction documents & plans/drawings
- Ability to prioritize & multitask
- Outgoing, personable, team-player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems & Microsoft Office applications
- Strong command of both verbal & written English
- Ability to work in our offices in Bellingham, Washington; there is no option to telecommute at this time.
Think you'd be a great fit?
Shoot us your resume (including your mobile number and email) and tell us what you do best.