Architectural Elements is a team of artisans that design, fabricate, and install specialized architectural & landscape related projects. Working with all metals, wood, glass, & plastics, we can custom-fabricate any manner of decorative elements and architectural details– from intricate light fixtures to multi-story staircases.
We are now hiring a Full-Time
We offer a competitive wage (DOE) with 6 paid holidays & paid time off. Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance is also available, along with a company 401(k) plan.
The Delivery Driver is responsible for safely loading, transporting, delivering, and collecting materials, supplies, assemblies, and finished goods. They inspect loads for safety and security and review orders before and after delivery/pickup to ensure that orders are complete.
Key Position Roles:
- Deliver/collect a wide variety of items to/from different addresses
- Coordinate with the Shop Foreman, Production Manager, and Project Management teams to schedule timely deliveries/pickups and routes
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect, and operate delivery vehicles
- Inspect delivery vehicles and ensure the safety and security of the loading and unloading process
- Utilize hand trucks, pallet jacks, and forklifts to load and unload vehicles
- Contact customers & vendors to confirm delivery/pickup schedules
- Review packing lists to ensure loads are complete
- Exhibit excellent documentation control: collecting packing lists, receipts, etc. and ensuring those documents are submitted to accounting in a timely manner
- Follow all DOT regulations and safety standards; obey all traffic laws
- Maintain a clean and valid driver’s license
- Keep company vehicles clean and smoke-free
- High school diploma, 18+ years of age
- Valid, Washington state Driver’s License
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must be able to drive vehicles with a manual transmission
- Proficiency in driving and parking large vehicles and trailers (flatbeds, box trucks, etc.)
- Comfortable driving large vehicles and trailer loads through busy, narrow streets (e.g. downtown Seattle)
- Ability to and comfort with driving large vehicles in all weather & traffic conditions
- Experience using hand trucks, pallet jacks, and forklifts
- Experience loading and securing large, heavy, and awkward loads
- Ability to comfortably & regularly lift, pull, push, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, vendors, and clients
- Dependable with excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong command of both verbal & written English
- Ability to reliably commute to/from our offices in Bellingham, Washington
Think you'd be a great fit?
Shoot us your resume (including your mobile number and email) and tell us what you do best.